Canned Film

The Assignment: Write a very short synopsis of an imaginary film, as if writing for one of those video anthologies -- perhaps 10,000 Films in a Nutshell. Concentrate on images as much as you can in this summary of a plot or an interesting combination of images and time. 300 words.

My Response:

 Set on the backdrop of a world controlled by deals with daemons and the price of souls, Fallen Things is a story unlike any other.

When it comes time for Felicity to make good on her contract with Barnaby, she does the unthinkable: Trades her own soul for that of the woman she loves.

Now Lisa is stuck in the daemon realm, forced to play the role of servant. New rules are forced on her, and the world of magic soon reveals itself, tempting her with it’s powerful tendrils, until she finds herself content with the world around her.

Her world is torn to shreds once more when Felicity arrives, intent on ‘saving’ her. But when Lisa refuses to go with her, the mishap with the contract is brought to light, and suddenly her new Master is finding himself on trial with the daemon’s that run the realm.

Will he be able to maintain his position in the daemon realm? Does he even want to anymore? And will Lisa be once more thrust into a world that she no longer wants to claim as her own?

Is the mortal realm ready for the fallout of the trial? Because one thing is certain, no matter what happens, the world will never be the same again.


My Thoughts:  I actually used a friend's novel for this one (Eric A. Satchwill).  Mostly because I was too lazy to come up with a whole new concept, but also because as soon as I started writing, this just came out.  I'm not sure entirely how accurate it is, as I haven't read the entire novel yet, but I thoroughly enjoyed writing it.  I would love to see something like this, written by a friend, about one of my novels.

I would love to see what you thought of my response.  And if you came up with something of your own for it, please post in the comments section below!

All exercises are taken from The 3 A.M. Epiphany by Brian Kiteley  

No comments:

Post a Comment